The Senior Specialist, IT Application Development participates in the planning, design, development, and support of IT solutions that enable business processes. The role specifically focuses on the
system design and deployment of web applications. The Senior Specialist, IT Application Development is responsible for facilitating needs analysis, documenting functional requirements, documenting
technical designs, developing and adopting software to meet the design, and managing changes to the existing systems. The position will work with Application and Infrastructure Architects to ensure
applications adhere to design standards. This position will actively participate in IT support activities to ensure that production applications support the business needs. This person will assist in
project management through entire project lifecycles.
1. Work with IT and functional staff to define and document business, functional, and technical requirements
2. Design and document proposed solutions to meet agreed upon requirements
3. Participate in the development and management of project plans
4. Develop and document test plans for packaged and customized applications
5. Provide application support and adhere to Company practices for tracking, documenting, escalating IT incidents and service requests
6. Follow and adhere to West’s policies, procedures and practices for implementing IT solutions
7. Assist with training of end users and IT support for implemented applications
8. Administer and manage application servers, and associated systems
9. Participate in and support application testing, disaster recovery and system maintenance as needed.The job descriptions reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, or similar discipline from an accredited university or the equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience developing enterprise applications and web Technology solutions.
- Must have experience in the development tools and methods of the Microsoft .NET framework including Visual Studio.NET, C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL, SSRS
Reports and Microsoft InfoPath Forms.
- Must have a clear understanding of software development practices.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with end-users to understand requirements and develop comprehensive and
complete solutions that incorporate both technology and business processes.Must have experience working with companies who are required to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA cGMP regulations
Job Type: Full-time